Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And took the ASVAB today. Got an 81 overall with a VERY high score in electronics. Looks like I'll be doing some techinal stuff! :D We'll see what job I get and where I'm going soon. Can't wait to get out of here!!! :)

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
kool... keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Have you already enlisted, or still thinking?

Despite the current world situation, military service (with the USA) is never a mistake. It's an excellent career choice (if you decide to stay 'til retirement) and it's an excellent feather in your cap for future employment (with retirement or a single hitch).

I wish now that I'd done 20 years instead of just nine.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm enlisting, going bootstrap after a few years. :D

I want to do 20 years and get my retirement. After OTS I want to go to flight school and set myself up for commercial airline service after my 20 years. Good plan :)

Recruiter got my scores....he said I can do any job I want!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
20/20 eyes to be a pilot.

Be a helicopter pilot: fly rescue for the AF then make a small mint's worth of money after retirement AND have a waay-cool job.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, no Helis for me. Crash too much :p

I'll get lasik during college, I already have 20/15 with contacts, so my eyes are in good shape for the operation :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
So how goes the fight? Where did you end up? I am at Dyess AFB in Texas

·
Registered
160 Posts
I havn't posted in a while. The Army is moving me out to El Paso next month. Great to hear others are trying out service even with all that is going on in the world.

Casey

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yep! I'm being assigned to 4th Brigade, 1st Calvary Division. It's a brand new unit the Army if standing up. Should be pretty interesting.

Seven of us from Fort Polk held my farewell to Fort Polk wheelin' trip to Barnwell over the Halloween weekend. It was a blast! I've been emailing guys in El Paso so I don't think I'll have problems finding wheelin' buddies.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hatch...thanks for the info. I'm pretty excited about the wheelin'. I've contacted a couple of clubs to include one in El Paso. They both mentioned the Chili Challenge. I'm going to try and hook up with those guys and check out the Chili Challenge. Las Cruces is only about 45 minutes away so it should be easy to make. Hopefully I'll have some free time to get the Jeep ready to wheel. I was planning to rebuild the engine and tranny when I get to El Paso but that's before I heard about the trip in February. We'll see what happens now. I think I can get one more trip out of it!

Casey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts