Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around today and noticed a Jeep Scrambler for sale. I've always kind of thought they were pretty cool and stopped to take a look. I know nothing about front leaf springs. How do they handle? Any better/worse than the usual coil springs? Any advantages/disadvantages? I'm just kind of curious as this looks like a fun vehicle to fix up.

thanks

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
Jeep scramblers make very nice rigs and are quite desirable as well as pricey. the leaf suspension works well. there are a ton of things one can do to change up the suspension on these too. Shackle reverse, spring over axle..etc..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah scrambler's are great, the longer wheelbase definitely works in your favor on steeper climb's. As far as leaf's go, they ride good and flex just as good.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Yeah Scramblers are cool rides. You look at the one on the corner of Judson and Eden? Or another one?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, the one on Judson and Eden is still for sale? It's been there quite awhile, since I haven't been down Judson Road in a couple of months.

Actually, the one I saw is outside of Kilgore, if you take Stone Road toward the Gregg County Airport. Needs some TLC in the paint department....and need to get rid of the Nerf bar things on the side. But other than that it looks pretty solid. I just haven't been able to get ahold of anyone to find out any info on it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally got ahold of the guy selling it. '82 has the full top with a back seat, AC, PS, Automatic......wants $8000 for it. A little more than I wanted to pay. Oh well.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.