Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys its next week and spring breaks starts...thinken about cruisen down to South Padre to do some four wheeling and haven a good time....anyone else going down or been down there ???????? Also where can i go 4 wheeling around Corpus area to do some fishing...looken for the good spots.
Laterz guys

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
If I was going on Spring Break to Padre, 4 wheeling would be the last thing on my mind. :drinking:

·
Registered
119 Posts
If your going to South Padre Island for Spring Break, you oughta think about taking a bicycle instead of a truck, it will be your fastest mode of transportation. My friends went a few years ago and said it took about 3 hours to getr over the bridge to the island. Also I just heard that you cant drink on the beach down there, but I'm not sure on that one.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow...3 hours....damn....no drinken on beach???????? i doubt that...just no glass containers is what the law says down there....i might settle for a place a lil coser to home....maybe corpus ....who knows...but im doing something fun thats for sure.

·
Registered
539 Posts
yeah everywhere I hear south padre is insane over spring break. I've been over thanksgiving a couple times, its cold, but the fishing isn't bad :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
spring break

South Padre is a total madhouse which can be good or bad. Trouble is there are almost as many TABC and undercover cops as there are chicks. North padre is better if you want to drive the beach. Just a few hints from an ex spring breaker. LOLbeer

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
?????

I'm down there working right now and from what the locals tell me their is 3 spring breaks.
1st, a Candian break at the end of Feb.
2cnd, The American, all thru March????
3rd, Some time in April, mostly young university profs.?????
What I can say, Is there is way to many COPS.
All the way from H-77 and 100 to the Island, all over the Island, up and down the beaches, and they run radar on the beach.
HOWEVER, there is a nude beach. weather or not it would be worth while driving all the way out there???? Being able to get there???
The buisiness's got taught a lesson a few years ago about greed, so the hope is that thier won't be any price gouging this year.
I'm hoping to be down there for the start of it at least.
Hammer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts