Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Summer Job (pics Now!)

I got a internship this summer with Hughes Christensen. If you don't know who that is, they deal with drilling bits for drilling rigs.

I will start on the 16th, on that day they will give me my company truck, gas card, expense card, company phone and finish filling out all of the paperwork. I already done alot of paperwork but there is more, also took a drug test(no worry since i don't do anything!! unlike a family i know) Also i will be going over safety courses in the shop and on the field.

Then on 17th or 18th they are sending me to Hobbs, NM to start working for a guy that is known for his knowledge in everything of the company. I will be staying in Hobbs for almost a month according to them, we will see. They are also paying for my hotel room (holiday inn)and they are giving me a eating expence limit of $25 a day.

This will let me see other fields out there in the work force and plus make a nice chunk of change($2400-$2800 salary a month). I can't wait to start the only thing i will have to get use to is no internet for the period, unless they hook me up at the holiday inn. think they have ethernet there. Since this a big company and they like to use their computer i might get lucky and get internet for free there too!!

just figured i would let ya'll know what i was up too and why i might not me on as often as i am.

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
rockonn sounds like a good job,expecially for the summer.i may try to find myself something a little less " hands 2finger on" in the future...but in the same feild.

Keep your eyes open & hands close bigok 2finger Good luck!!

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
sounds like you got a good hookup Cody.... toast

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
sounds great toast

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i am in hobbs NM now!
this is where i will be for a good month or two, they got me in a best western hotel. And i got internet!!
Finally got my company truck, a 2003 F250 4x4 with the 5.4L motor. I like it, it got some decent power with the fact it is pushing all of that weight.
i am off this weekend but i am staying in hobbs, next weekend i am going to be on call. I will eventually get a pic of the truck it is loaded that is for sure. Plus i don't have to pay for gas lol!!
anyway just figured i would tell ya'll about it!!

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
thumbup

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
You selling bits Cody? Thats a cool job untill they call you in the middle of the night because "your bit an't drilling anymore". If you are and need any help with your hydraulics and jets, let me know. Save your back man!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea pretty much that is what i am doing, They warned me of those night time calls. Right now i am trying to figure out how to have the phone wake me up, cause at night i take my hearing aid out and i don't hear a thing without them!!

Right now I am cleaning their shop and organizing it cause they got jets out the wazoo and they are in toolboxes and buckets and some are not labeled so.
Albout saving the back i use every tool they got out there to save my back instead of lifting it i use the tommy lift on the truck, and to moved bits around the shop i use their dolly and their fork lift.
Yesterday i got up here and found the place based off of what the area manger told me on how to get there. well i showed up and they was like he made it without calling us?!?!? i ask why that was a big deal and they said even the big man had to call for direction and he even got lost again from what they told him!! lol
Hey mudgod do you have anything showing how to rate hydraulic power on these bits?? I know how it works but i haven't learned how to rate it.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is my home from home!

my tv and refrigrator, microwave.

My king size bed!

my wash table and sink

and my table by the ac with the computer!! got to keep cool! lol

and here is the 2003 f250 4x4

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Let me look in some of my files. Ok your in luck! I had to do this by hand for over a year and a half before I found this. Check you e-mail. I'm sending you a program called Common oil field Calculations. Sure makes it easier this way. Just check the math once or twice to make sure it is right. I'm more into the mud part, but I need the bit hydraulics sometime and this close enough for me.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Pm me your e-mail stuff, its not listed in your profile.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
[email protected] , didn't know it wasn't in my profile will fix that now!! lol

Edit just fixed it so you can send a email either way and thanks for your help mudgod!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.