Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure ya'll have lots of good storys to tell. Also......

thispicis

Reactions: TX_ZUKI

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Had a blast!!!! You guys missed a fun wheeling trip! People were awesome! But I didn't take any pics, Jimbo took the most!
Rastus had a flop 2finger and him and RiverDog had to drive around with TX_ZUKI #1 on their windshield!
I don't know who did that. 2finger

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Modify said:
Waiting on Rastus to get back to give me permission/password to upload to the gallery. Sorry guys..
pm'ed you the login & password.
bigok

· OOOsahhh
3,466 Posts
Well,I just got back and it was a great run! I think there was something in the air causing lots o people to flop! My rig did better than ever,everything I pointed it at was a done deal. I do have to admit that I got a little tired of dragging TX Zuki through the place. It seems like he was forever stuck on something! Once driving through camp he got stuck on a beer can and I pretended not to see him cause I didnt want to get the strap back out! Anyway it was perfect weather,good people,awsome wheelin,and too much food.

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
RVREDDOG said:
Well,I just got back and it was a great run! I think there was something in the air causing lots o people to flop! My rig did better than ever,everything I pointed it at was a done deal. I do have to admit that I got a little tired of dragging TX Zuki through the place. It seems like he was forever stuck on something! Once driving through camp he got stuck on a beer can and I pretended not to see him cause I didnt want to get the strap back out! Anyway it was perfect weather,good people,awsome wheelin,and too much food.
lol! You wish! 2finger

· Premium Member
7,157 Posts
Great pics! Looks like some pretty good carnage on the V-notch this year. Can't wait to hear all the stories and see the rest of the pics.

· Registered
1,956 Posts
WHat happened to sam's bronco that require you bring out the winch??

Also there are too many mini wanabe...... Just playing people chill man it was a joke!!!

Looks like fun, if everything goes good me and zach might get to go to the sandhill this coming weekend. Since we ain't got the time or money to make it to katemcy.
Also i like the fact that there are more women are driving in these picture, making the mens folks look bad!!lol

· Registered
490 Posts
There were several groups and the one I ran with ran the waterfall twice. The first time I made it thru the second time I was not so lucky. Lynnestoy also feel victim to the v-notch actually a few of us did. Rastus rolled in the area also.

Rastus hood is pretty beat up. I have a few small battle wounds but I believe my rockers and the little standoff for the sidemirrors (when the doors are off) saved me. All of a sudden I slipped and the only thing to my left was a granite wall. The only clearance between the windshield frame was created by the small standoff that seamed to bearing some of the wait.

More pics:
http://www.texas4x4.org/gallery/album284

Bruiser said:
Great pics! Looks like some pretty good carnage on the V-notch this year. Can't wait to hear all the stories and see the rest of the pics.

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
We Rocked!!

Had an blast at the Summer Run!!! jamminzz

1st things 1st... HUGE thanks and a BIG well Done to Old Goat, TX_Zuki, Xanthias, Midnight_Crawler and Sillygirl for the Fantastic dinner Sat night and the Breakfast Sunday AM. They outdid themselves once again, the food was terrific!! rockonn

Also a big thanks to Shain and Randy Kruse for being such great hosts. Katemcy Rocks... and Texas4x4.org will be back soon, the next K-rocks run is already being planned.... beer smokin

All the members, guests and thier families who came and wheeled, Was very good to meet everyone and to put the names with the faces.. bigok

now for the lil trail report..... We left SA around 6:30 Fri night, got on the road and were moving right on, at our 1st stop the carnage began, Chaparro Mike blew his rear axle and we put his trailer on Blazer Killer's scout...

Rescue One came and picked up Mike's blazer and then Mike and I headed out for Mason, We caught up with RVreddog and Blazer Killer about 15 miles south of Mason, seems they had some more fun in the Scout while towing the trailer with carring mike heep... the left rear tire came off the scout and passed them up.. They got stopped, Reddog and and jeff went to fetch the tire while River Rat went on to mason to drop his trailer and come back to get Mikes Trailer. they had everything fixed and were goingslow when Mike and I caught up, so we eased on into Mason and waited at the store for River Rat to return, We were all standing outside when this huge green SD goes flying past :rolleyes: ..then a white SD (Almeraz) :rolleyes: ...5 minutes later they came back.. River Rat was with Xanthais and Almeraz had Midnight Crawler with him.. Hooked the trailer to X's truck and then RVreddog drove the scout on out to Katemcy. got to K-rocks at 11:55 I think..got to camp, got the tents setup and visited till 3 AM... TX_Zuki could'nt hang with me and River Rat and had to go to bed.. chrfal
Sat morning we all got up and began moving around, did some visiting, then had the drivers meeting at 9, from the drivers meeting we split into groups. Shain to one group and Randy took the other. I went with Randy along with Lynnes Toy, Pops aka Sam Woody, Paul (white scout), Modify, elotsip, Waldo, L Dennis and a couple others for the waterfall trail. We were doing fine until I tried the ledge where RVreddog broke his 14 bolt at Texas Crawl, I tried going up and my fan took out my radiator..I told Randy I was gonna finish the waterfall trail.. so we kept going, Randy went thru the V-notch then I did, Meanwhile Paul tried the ledge where I lost my radiator and got a hole in his gas tank, he and Pops pulled the tank, fixed it, started going again then had to pull the tank and put the pickup back on the sending unit, when the pulled the tank the 2nd time the put the tank up in the back of the Scout..After I went thru the V-notch (something I have wanted to do since I saw the pics of River Rat going thru it 3 yrs ago) I turned to go up a small ledge and my right rear tire slipped and Mouse and I flopped... smokin

Randy pulled my heep back over and the while I worked on the heep he got the rest of the folks down the V-notch or down the by-pass. We had to pull my heep to start it, once it fired up I finished the waterfall trail!!! jamminzz jamminzz (Shain tells me the waterfall is my nemesis 1funny1 , said next run I'm doing a diff trail first bigok ) Once we got down to the waterfall, Waldo (laredocp4x4) pretzeled his drag link..

Once that was fixed we all headed back to camp.. I almost made it back, but Modify had to hook up the strap when the heep got a lil warm... thanks, Modify :)
We hung out at camp for a while waiting on the others to come back in, Heard Chaparro Mike had flopped his heep on "chaparro's hill" :cool: the others have to tell that tale.. River Rat came into camp and offered me his pass seat.. so we headed back out to find the others who were going to the Wall of Terror, Missed them and we ran the waterfall trail again..

Paul and Modify gave us a show on the V-notch...

once out we headed back to camp so TX_Zuki could get started on dinner..

Sunday AM, we had pancakes, Huevos rancheros, bacon for breakfast, then went out to Aggie highway.. Randy, Shain, and a cpl others played on some of the obstacles while we watched, visited and took pics. Once we finished Aggie highway we headed back to camp, got all packed and came home.. Man What a weekend!!! tssl jamminzz tssl

Now the other group has to share their tales... bigok

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.