Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody running one of these at the transfer case and at the axle....i just bought a 1350 for my Front dana 60 and am thinking about running one of these infront of my doubler then square tube it....this is a trail only rig.. just trying to see how this worked for everyone.. my drive line angle is only around 22*, i just dont want to buy a 1350 cv or have a expensive shaft made...
http://www.4xshaft.com/Super-Flex/off_set300x414.jpg

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
If you have a welder, tractor PTO shaft and an old DS around, you can build a shaft that is high angle friendly. After talking to the DS shop, they wanted $1500 to build a double cv shaft, so we built a shaft from an old PTO shaft we had laying around. The shaft will work at up to 80* and the only cost was the u-joints from tractor supply.

·
Registered
272 Posts
67_SS396 said:
If you have a welder, tractor PTO shaft and an old DS around, you can build a shaft that is high angle friendly. After talking to the DS shop, they wanted $1500 to build a double cv shaft, so we built a shaft from an old PTO shaft we had laying around. The shaft will work at up to 80* and the only cost was the u-joints from tractor supply.
would love to see/hear the details. maybe some pics ??

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Sure thing. I'm going back out there this weekend to paint the truck and will snap pics of the new DS and get them posted by the first of the week.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
This sounds like my kind of project. I may need to do this on the front of mine.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Yeah, it's the same truck. It has gone under one hell of a transformation since you saw it last.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts