Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this is the food list for the Summer Run.

Feel free to post up what food or utensils you will bring. Old Goat will monitor this and post what is needed.

=======================================================
Oldgoat
It is not too early to volunteer your services or food making talent!
So far we have X with fries and
Oldgoat with pancakes w/ syrup, bacon and eggs for saturday morning and fish for the fish fry saturday evening.

For the cracker barrel we would need crackers, cheese, pretzels, chips and some parent approved snacks for the kids that will be there. Also please remeber to not be shy about suggestions to make things better, we want everyone to have input so it will be enjoyable for all.

Will bring my grill and one fish cooker.
X is bringing his fish cooker.
TX_ZUKI will you bring your grill?
===========================================
Rastus
Sillygirl will make Pico de gallo, both hot and mild. We will bring tortillas, Chips, and other assorted goodies, along with paper plates, towels, knives, sporks and foons.

I am volunteering Sillygirl for Huevos Rancheros for Sunday AM breakfast.. I might get scolded for this tho :cool:
=================================================
OldGoat
We need paper plates.
plastic ware.
deserts
french fries
hush puppies
cold drinks
drinks for the kids
hot dogs for the kids
==========================================
Xanthias
French fries
Fryer
Propane

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
We will bring the makin's for the Huevos Rancheros, Pico de gallo, some diet drinks, paper plates and some hush puppies.

· Registered
1,629 Posts
I can bring hot dogs and hot dog buns, some cold drinks children approved. What kinda french fries are you wanting? Just the big bag of frozen ones? If so I can handle that too.

· Registered
1,740 Posts
Not trying to be unsociable, but I don't want to commit to bringing anything for a group meal. I'm 4 hours away; a lot of things could happen between now and the time I expect to arrive that could keep me away.

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
I can bring the hushpuppies, fries, coleslaw and tarter sauce. Oldgoat, let's talk about the catfish.
I can bring my grill, knives, serving utensils.
Do I need to bring a fryer?

· Registered
99 Posts
how are the cooking arrangments going to be, are we all bringing food to share with everbody the whole weekend, or is this just for one meal, let me know so me and the wife can figure out what to bring, and i really am crazier than rastus

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's Breakfast and Dinner on Saturday. If I understand OldGoat correctly, there will be pancakes, bacon and eggs for breakfat, and a fish fry Sat night.

· I've met Johnny Cash
1,865 Posts
Rastus said:
Xanthias
French fries
Fryer
Propane

Aye. Or, to be complete:

Propane and monster burner with skillet and huge fry/boil pot. I can help fry up whatever. Enough french fries for all to go with fish. Also, 168qt ice chest full of random beer and sodas. I'll try to bring some bacon for breakfast, too.

· Registered
2,038 Posts
food

Good point Hatch, the group meals are for those who want to join in, it is OPTIONAL and if anyone wants to cook your own meal and sit with the group it ain't a problem. All we ask is for those filling a plate from the group meal to contribute to it.
Rastus got the meals right, friday night cracker barrel, see the list for it in the 1st post, saturday morning pancakes and fixins & saturday night fish fry. Sunday morning I will have eggs and fixins.
We will try to talk Benji into being a cook. I will help cook and if we get the same help in prep work and cleanup as we did in November we will be set.
Bagged french fries sound great also.
Xanthias sounds like you have the drinks covered and we could use your help cooking too.
Fulltopblazer has the childrens drinks and hot dogs and HD buns.
Benji has cole slaw, hush puppies YUM YUM and tarter sauce, grill, utensils and yes bring a fryer if you got room.
Jorge has plastic ware.
Rastus has fixins for eggs etc plus chips and pico fixins etc.

We still need cheese for the cracker barrel, pretzels & chips if anyone wants to help there.
We need desserts.
We need paper towels.
We need kids snacks.
We need plastic cups.
We need a roll of trash bags please.

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Of course I will cook. Plus provide everything else I said I will bring.
If anyone has canopies, please bring them along.

· Registered
1,740 Posts
TX_ZUKI said:
If anyone has canopies, please bring them along.
I have a 10x12 (+/-) that I've been using as my portable garage for working on Slinky. I've been considering taking it down. I suppose I could bring it if no one has one of those quick-setup jobbies. It's plenty big enough for cooking and serving out of, not big enough to also use as a dining area.

It used to be a 10x20 canopy garage. When the top cover gave up the ghost, I bought a regular tarp to go over it and shortened up the frame to match. With help, it can be erected (or broken down) in probably 30 minutes or less. That's just a guess; I've always had to do it solo.

· Registered
1,629 Posts
I have a 10x12 easy up I can bring. My wife said she will make alot of brownies for me to bring since she won't be making the trip this time. She said to tell you sorry Mark, but she won't be there to help clean up. She should make it next year though and hopefully to the fall run too.

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
fulltopblazer said:
She said to tell you sorry Mark, but she won't be there to help clean up. .
You know you just got her job right? 2finger

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MsHollywood said:
so, whats do yall still need. we havent voluntered for anything yet and would like to. just let me know what and we will bring it. :turn-l:
Pick 2 from the list below:
==========================

We still need cheese for the cracker barrel, pretzels & chips if anyone wants to help there.
We need desserts.
We need paper towels.
We need kids snacks.
We need plastic cups.
We need a roll of trash bags please.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.