Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Comfortable
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day,someone at a store in our town read that a methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse nearby and he asked me a rhetorical question,"Why didnt we have a drug problem when you & I were growing up?"
I replied: I had a drug problem when I was young......

I was drug to church on Sunday morning.

I was drug to church for weddings & funerals.

I was drug to family reunions & community socials no matter the weather.

I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.

I was also drug to my room when i disobeyed my parents,told a lie,brought home a bad report card,did not speak with respect,spoke badly of the teacher or preacher, or if i didnt do my best in everything that was asked of me.

I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I even uttered any profane four letter word.

I was drug out to pull weeds out of moms garden.

I was drug to the homes of family,friends,and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard,cut firewood;and,if my parents had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for my kindness, I would have been drug back to my room.

Those drugs are still in my veins.......and they affect my behavior in everything I do,say & think. They are stronger than cocane,crack or heroin;and,if todays kids had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place......

~author unknown~

makes ya think........

· Premium Member
2,712 Posts
bigok rockonn

· Mas Tequila
14,889 Posts
mudnmyvayne said:
I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I even uttered any profane four letter word.
I remember that.... :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.