4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How was Nocona? Pics?

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stretch said:
Woulda been better if my zuk had of been there.
Next time for sure! How did Rusty do? And what do you think of the ranch?

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
The ranch was pretty cool for being that close to dallas. Rusty busted the passenger side axle shafts again. There is a couple of places on the ranch that I'm gonna have to try in the zuk.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Wheelin Ranch.

Wheeling Ranch was cool even though I broke an axleshaft again. I know I said it B4 but that was the last trip on the Dana 44. I really do not blame the axle. Those tires are too much strain on it.
Mudgod, Mudgodess, Stretch and I met up with Ruttdigger in Denton at 7:30AM and traveled together the rest of the way to the Ranch. When we got there the caretaker led us to the spot to wheel. Hulkzuki was there and knew the trails so we followed him. We wound around some of the 3 rated trails for awhile then went on to the 4' snd 5's and we had some carnage especially on one rock strewn trail where Hulkzuki lost a birfield and the guy in a black Toyota lost a tooth or 2 off his rear diff and a rear driveshaft. Then it was my turn to try it and of course it started to rain a little but with everyones help and after we tried every line possible and tried stacking rocks which just became projectiles we got Rusty up there. Then it was time for Mudgod to give it a go, he was doing a good show for us then one of the body bolts sheared on the passenger side so Stretch and I headed on out the end of the trail to go back and fetch a clamp to trail fix Mudgods K50. We met Fourwheelerjeff on the way out and sometime while we were gone he lost rear wheel drive but kept on going in Frontwheel drive! We proceeded to a different area to hill climb on some rocks and have some big fun there, especially watching Ruttdigger put the Zuki to the hills! Jeff broke a passenger side axleshaft or hub, I am not sure but it put him with 1 wheel drive on all that slick stuff. At this point Stretch was driving Rusty and he enjoyed it till we got sideways on the top of a rocky hill in the rain but we got strapped over the top by Mudgod and Mudgodess. Mudgod lost a second shock around this time so we all decided to head back to the parking area and as Stretch was making a mild turn on the way back Rusty's passenger axleshaft snapped like a toothpick! I think Ruttdigger was the only one not to break anything.
It was a fun place though and I will be going back. There are some pics to tell more of the story when Mudgod posts them.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Nocona, a great place to wheel! To me it felt like a big play ground. We got in one spot that had a bunch of hill climbs, it was great. While I was watching Rusty tring to climb some hills. I went and started climbing one. As much fun as it is to watch other people climb, it is still better to be climbing. At this one spot you could do both. I wish we would have had more time, but it was fun. The trails are short, but hard. Enough 5's and 6's to go around. My wife liked the fact that she could stand in one spot and take pics of everybody and not have to move to much. I found out some things I did wrong to my rig, and they will be fixed. Found out that the drive shaft I had built was too short, also I did my shocks wrong on the back, and totally killed them. I can't beleave I busted a body mount on my K5, but I was able to put a C-clamp on it and keep wheeling! Ended up being a good trail fix.

They told me I needed 42" tires to get up this one.
/img]
We'll never know if I could have got up there or because I pulled my front drive shaft apart.

Here is a pic of Rusty doing some climbing in the rain, with Stretch drive and Old Goat riding.

Right after this pic Rusty got a little sideways up there and called for back up. The pucker factor was a little high.
Here is Rutdigger and his Zuk

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
photos of Nocona

Mudgod made it up on top of that rock ledge with the front end!!!

And Ruttdigger had a big time too! Sorry i have not figured out picture posting on this new board yet???

Attachments

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
@#$%^&*

Finally got angry and gave up!
Anybody know how to post more than one pic at a time? Or where the answer is to posting pics, guess i need to learn it all over again lol Also can we not post pics out of the gallery anymore? Wish the simple IMG buttons were back:mad:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
looks like it was as fun as i thought it was going to be. i was going to meet ya'll out there until i caught the flu working on gary's rig friday night.

how did widow maker look? anybody try it? i was looking forward to another stab at it too!!!

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
OldGoat said:
Finally got angry and gave up!
Anybody know how to post more than one pic at a time? Or where the answer is to posting pics, guess i need to learn it all over again lol Also can we not post pics out of the gallery anymore? Wish the simple IMG buttons were back:mad:
the image button is the lil yellow square box in the bottom row of icons at the top. (5th from the right) when you click reply, the row of icons across the top.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
widow maker

It looked very tough! There were a lot of slick wet rocks when it started raining, guess we missed Keith, saw his pics though. Sorry you got sick man, it was a lot of fun, especially for a one day trip.

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts
Linking pics from the gallery has not changed.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
img

when i b clickin' that it wants a URL, so then I guess I need to copy and paste a URL in that line? Is there a how to on all this, hate to bug you with questions if it is all written down and can be read?

·
Mas Tequila
18,256 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
OldGoat said:
then went on to the 4' snd 5's and we had some carnage especially on one rock strewn trail where Hulkzuki lost a birfield and the guy in a black Toyota lost a tooth or 2 off his rear diff and a rear driveshaft. Then it was my turn to try it and of course it started to rain a little but with everyones help and after we tried every line possible and tried stacking rocks which just became projectiles we got Rusty up there.
That was 1/2 way up Loflers Ln. We didn't even get to the toughest part ... the exit.

2 Birfields in the past 3 runs. I've upgraded to profields because I bought them right but if I go through them quickly at all it will be time to upgrade to the BF eliminator kit.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hulkzuki said:
2 Birfields in the past 3 runs. I've upgraded to profields because I bought them right but if I go through them quickly at all it will be time to upgrade to the BF eliminator kit.
HYG! Direct from Longfields himself...

"Stock Birfield= 3,700 ft lbs
Birf Eliminator kit= 4,020 ft lbs
Stock inner shaft= 4,360 ft lbs
Longfield stock treated birf= 4,800 ft lbs
Superior 27 spline 4340 chromo inner axle= 5,200 ft. lbs
Longfield 27 spline 4340 chromo inner axle= 6,820 ft. lbs
Longfield 30 spline 4340 chromo inner axle= 8,200 ft. lbs
Longfield 4340 birfield stub failure= 8,200 ft. lbs
Stock Dana 60 35 spline= 8,300 ft. lbs
"

Maybe you might reconsider the Barf Elim. Kit.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hulkzuki said:
it will be time to upgrade to the BF eliminator kit.

you might want to rethink that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts