Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a dilemma. I just recently converted my single cab short bed f-150 with coil spring ifs (dana 44, 8.5" ring gear) to the f-250 leaf spring ifs (dana 50, 9" ring gear) and added a superlift 6" lift. I put some 315/75 (35x12.5) pro comp x-terrains on it, and to say the least, it left quite a void in the fenderwell. The kit states that it will clear a 36x14.5 tire, but I looked into my archive of four-wheeler magazines and found that they are sure a 37x13.5 will fit. My question is, if I were to cut 3" out of my fenders hacck (and do away with the inner fenderwells) do you's guys think I could fit 38x15.5 and still have some articulation? The reason I ask is because I would like to run the largest tire and not have it too top heavy. And plus where I am at there is a whole lot to climb, mostly just mud and/or sand or muddy sand. boger

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
Best thing I could recommend is try to borrow a tire and wheel from someone and do a test fit.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tire

Oh yeah, I just want to know, with running a tire of that width (15.5+) should I run a 12" wheel or possibly a 14". I know that running a 10" wheel will balloon the tire and look fookin' ugly. Also who makes a cheap(under $175) steel beadlock wheel in a 16x12"or 14"? I was looking around and everyone makes them for 15" & 16.5" but not 16". I checked out High Impact and they want a left testicle for their beadlocks. bsodd Is there any place that sells a kit to do it yourself? boger

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
I'd say a 12" wheel. rule of thumb is to get a rim 4" narrower than your tire.

for do it yourself beadlocks see DIY4X, one of our Advertisers here. http://www.diy4x.com Or send you can pm him his name is cybrfire

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for some insight toast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.