Texas 4x4 Forum banner
41 - 41 of 41 Posts
Oh and I can push in a clutch way faster than you can shift into reverse. Well maybe I am getting older.
Tiger that is a good point, for climbing a straight up hill, but I think he was talking about going into a drop off where the back tire is starting to come off the ground, pushing in the clutch at that point might be a bad idea.
So I might have to agree with 4x4freak on the putting it in Reverse thing, but that is the only one good reason to have a auto.
The clutch is a very good tool to have in a rig that has supper low gears. It is very nice to be able to disengage your drive line for a quick burst of speed and then just as fast reengage it.
I also like it when I'm trying to climb a ledge that is mostly straight up and I have to back up. All I have to do is engage the clutch and back up a few feet, let off and I can go forward again. Most people I see with auto's have to change gears to do that. And if they are strapped in, they have to unstrap to reach the gear shift.

41 - 41 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.