Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built a bar similar to this one, but used a regular shackle at the front. It flexes good off-road and eliminated the axle wrap, but it rides terrible on the road. It stiffened up the ride too much when both back tires take a good bump at the same time. Would adjusting the angle of the shackle forward or backward help any? Right now it's 15 degrees or so backward of verticle, the top is tilted toward the rear axle. Any suggestions?

FYI, I'm using a stock YJ shackle and it's attached at the back of the stock skidplate and the wheelbase in the back has been streched 8".

http://www.4x4wire.com/news/skyjacker/5th-link

· Registered
4,993 Posts

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Glenn said:
That is essentially what I built as well. Did you're on road ride get alot rougher too?
DO YOUR SHACKLES FOLLOW THE SAME ANGLE ?????? on the bar and the leaf springs ... sound to me as they dont so the bind everytime the meeet and you go over even bumps you need to extend it or move the mount so the move in the same plain welder beer rockonn

· Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, they aren't at the same angle. I don't think it's gonna be possible to get them that way. If I move the shackle end link any farther forward it's gonna hit the transfercase. I didn't realize they all had to be at the same angle, guess I'm screwed.
:(

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Glenn said:
No, they aren't at the same angle. I don't think it's gonna be possible to get them that way. If I move the shackle end link any farther forward it's gonna hit the transfercase. I didn't realize they all had to be at the same angle, guess I'm screwed.
:(

then move the other side you never scewed ... just brake out the welder and the hacck then drink a beer or beer beer :evilbat: you can fix it just rebuild it :evilbat:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.