Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting yall's opinion on the tires. I only drive my truck on the weekends to go to spring creek and to go hunting but iam all ready tired of my bfg at's that i have had for about a month. (they suck) So if yall can tell me some pros and cons i would really like it. Looking for 35's or 36's if anybody has them for a 16.5 rim thanks

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
tsl sx

I like the tsl sx because it has a lot of sidewall "knobby" for a little extra protection but if you are never going to be raking them across rocks that would not be a big issue. Some folks say the tsl have a flat spot till you get them warmed up in the morning so that may bug you on a drive to the hunting camp. I have not noticed that flat spot on mine though.
TX_ZUKI has a set of 39.5 IROK's and they perform excellent for him.
Bruiser has a set of 36" tsl on his M880 I think and maybe he can advise about those... so many to choose from lol

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
OldGoat said:
Bruiser has a set of 36" tsl on his M880 I think and maybe he can advise about those...
I have 37" Radial SSRs on the M880. I haven't run them before and the truck is still sitting in a garage right now. A buddy of mine had them on his 01 Superduty and got about 35K out of them. As far as offroad worthiness I've read they chunk pretty easy, so I will just have to wait and see.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Iroks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice as far as the flat spots go i can dill will it b/c i used to have a set of 33 13.5's Ltb's i just wish they made a 35. Not into rock crawling so rock rash is not a problem I like to drive muddy trails thanks again and keep the advice coming

·
Registered
421 Posts
i have 36 in iroks now and they are truly kick a******************er.

but i am actually leaning toward a 38 in tsl as my next tire because if i stick with irok the next size up is 39.5

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
ruttdigger said:
tsl... they are cooler looking (sorry benji)
no problem buddy, matter of fact, my trailer doesn't like TSL's so sorry Gary. 2finger

·
Registered
726 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I AM SOOOOOO SORRY BENJI... my stupid tsls suck and look funny. please dont be mad at me... and tell your trailer that i wont even get her muddy.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
popcornn popcornn

lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.