Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be starting this project shortly.

What year model Vortec V6 should I use? Why?
Which transmission should I use? Why?
Which transfer case will bolt up to a Klune-V 4:1?

The answers to these questions will get me started much sooner.

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
Personally I would go with a late model 4.3. The one in my S10 makes really good power for a v6. The newest ones make a little more power and IMO have a better FI setup. Find one that was in front of a standard tranny and you can run whatever tranny you want. Any 4.3 or V8 chevy tranny will bolt up as they share the same bellhousing pattern.

For the tranny I would run either a th350, because they are cheap and reliable, or a 700r4 because of the lower first gear. Or I would run a 4l60e if it was already with the engine.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the buggy will be started in about two weeks. got the zuk cut up into little pieces. gotta haul that crap off and then get started.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The buggy is gonna run 39.5" Red Label Krawlers and Stazworks Double Beadlocks. Sway-A-Way Air Shocks, 3 Link Front and Rear, D44/5.38's/Welded, 12 Bolt/5.38's/Welded, Hydro Steering and 4.3L V6, 700r4, Klune-V, NP208. I think it will be a cool little buggy to cruise around in.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just ordered the jd2 model 3 bender and jd2 notcher.

Already have the plasma cutter and millermatic 175.

Can't think of anything else that I need in the tool department.

Building a nice welding table/tube storage rack right now from the sheetmetal that I had left over from the trailer widening project.

Once that is done I should be starting to bend some tube.

The whole buggy will be made from 1.75" x .120" HREW tubing. This should be a long gruesome project but well worth it once done. You never know, I might even finish this before Bruiser come to life. 2finger

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
got the top 3 link truss made for my 12 bolt tonight on accident, it was supposed to be for rusty but I cut it too short, but I'll be damned it fit right on my axle, so no wasted tube here. the bender works great, but damn it is slow doing it manually, gonna order the needed parts to convert it to hydraulic tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
tube

If he does not go air/ hydro on the bender we will both have arms the size of Popeye and will have long grey beards it is so slow.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the slow is not my biggest complaint, not being able to see the degree ring and having to walk 6' radius every 4 degrees is bullshit IMO. There little video makes it look like you can just stand there with one arm and put some ass into it and it will bend with no problem. that is a load of shit. oh well, got the hydro now so who cares.

should be starting this as soon as Rusty is complete, about a month or so I'm thinking.

·
Premium Member
6,117 Posts
sosad

You ought to try doing it with the bender welded to the back of the truck and the tubing is too long to fit in the shop while bending it and it's freezing outside.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gonna finish the flooring, get the hydro done on the bender and then start making the buggy come to life within about 4 weeks hopefully. once it is started I should be able to have it done by January or February.

I am gonna order the air shocks, klune and some other needed parts in the next week or so.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
i've got a 4wd 700 r4 i'll sell you if you still need a tranny. i could go ahead and go through it so it's fresh if you want.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Stretch said:
gonna finish the flooring, get the hydro done on the bender and then start making the buggy come to life within about 4 weeks hopefully. once it is started I should be able to have it done by January or February.

I am gonna order the air shocks, klune and some other needed parts in the next week or so.
Now that is GREAT news! The Klune will ROCK!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.