Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just broke something (shaft or gears) on a 3 month old dewalt. I'm sure the crappy harbor freight notcher didn't help any.

Anyone have a recommendation? Going shopping tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I have a half inch chuck Dewalt that will break your elbows. I love it.

·
Watermelon and fried Chicken..mmmm
2,767 Posts
I was a firm believer in Bosch tools till I burnt three of them up mixing mortar for my tile in my house. My brother brought over his Hitachi and DANG that sucker is a beast and half price of anything else. I have used the crap out of it where I needed some torque and its in it to win it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll have to look around for Hitachi. Home dept has milwaukee, dewalt, and ridged in 1/2" corded 850 rpm. All for $100.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have a 1/2" Dewalt too,has the rocker trigger and turns 450 rpm's . it's 14 years old still going strong.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bought mine in October.
Home depot took it back yesterday so I'm still running dewalt.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I have the 850 rpm dewalt. Dw235g. Chews through tube no problem.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have the hatachi from Lowes and something in the chuck took a dump after about a year. Took it back to Lowes and had a new one in seconds. It is a beast of a drill for it being so small and light. I'll keep using it until it goes out, then go back and get another. Sometimes they have good sales on them too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
We have found, 1/2'' air drills are the best for notching tube. Most electric drills just can't handle the stress and vibration. I can kill an electric within 6 notches, air drill is still going strong after thousands of notches.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
HF 1/2" drill fo life. Ive kill 2 notchers with it. Mixed a ton concrete and plaster with it to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts