Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amarillo native Evan Tanner just took a real good arss whippin......lost his title/belt along with a chance of coaching SPIKE TVs UFC tV show. I have followed his fighting career from local stuff on up.I hope he gets another chance at the title. spankn fightte

Catchy name also..... :rolleyes:

Anyone else catch all the gore? jamminzz

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
dang!

I really liked that guy as well as several of the last batch of competitors they had looking to win contracts with UFC. Wish they would have handed out more than just the 3 they did but it was kind of cool they let both light heavyweights have a contract.

·
Registered
49 Posts
he was gonna be able to be a coach on ultimate fighter? i heard the new season was almost done filming....it statrs on aug 12 right? cant wait....the heavyweight fight was a dissappointment tho, that guy got his ass whooped

·
Comfortable
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unlimited said:
he was gonna be able to be a coach on ultimate fighter?
that was my understanding.....

UFC has changed alot in the last year or two. There for a while it was like timed/scored hugging.....but rule changes have brought it back into the relm of real MMA such as PRIDE the overseas compitition.

Heavyweight divison has been like that for years.Once they find a belt worthy fighter,no one can come close to whooping them for nearly a year.Then some one bulks up & changes fighting style to stay competitive.

In the days of meaningless boxing matches(thanks to HBO) its cool to watch 'real' title fights.....you dont see any boxers brave enough to stand up next to any MMA fighter & go toe-to-toe,but you see some very fist frendly fighters who aint scared of world class wrestlers and the like.

jamminzz jamminzz jamminzz

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Ufc

I like to watch Butterbean, Tank Abbott(sp) Ken Shamrock in the old days man, them guys knew how to have a knock down drag out fight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.