Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I want to lift my dodge diesel enough to clear 40" tires. I have done some research and want to get your input on the idea. I'm guessing about 10-12" of total lift. I already have a 3" body lift, so I need about 9" or so. I'm on a tight budget (like who aint..lol) I was thinking about 7" Skyjacker springs in the front and a shackle flip in the rear but I'm not sure that will be enough. Any other ideas ans suggestions are appreciated.
Joe

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
What year model is it? Hoping it's a leaf sprung truck, the 94 and up aren't cheap to lift that high.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sry,
Its a 99 leafs in rear and coils in the front.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody?? Icould really use some help here.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
I don't know of any ready made kits that will lift your truck that high. It will most likely have to be custom and that is going to cost you. Plus you will want to take it to somebody that can do you a good job. So be sure and check their references and/or prior work.

·
I've met Johnny Cash
2,207 Posts
You cannot do this cheaply. Putting the suspension modifications on is just the beginning. You will need to make several modifications for this to work and be safe. I am not a Dodge expert, but custom driveshafts, cross-over steering and gearing are definitely on the list. TruSpeed or some similar speed-correcting device will also be needed to correct your speedometer and transmission shift points. On top of all that, the tires alone are going to cost you nearly 2k. I think a realistic budget for what you want is going to be something like $5 to $7k installed.

If you can tell us where you are in TX, maybe we can suggest a reputable shop for you to talk specifics with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts