Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
it's all the rave with the Railroaders..the four guys I know who have done had great results...just don't get so skinny your head looks to big for your body....L

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
What happened to old fashioned exercise and dieting? I lost almost 25 pounds by not eating out anymore and doing cardio everyday. Youd be surprised how fast the weight drops with just a diet change. Eating out is a huge cause of obesity. I just cant imagine having something like inside my body. Good luck and I wish you well. Just my .02

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2 years ago I lost 100lbs by dieting and exercise, and i gained it back plus some, I recently just got custody of my son and getting to the gym is very tough between working 80-90 hrs a week and taking care of him is a chore omits self. It's easy to judge when you don't know what's going on in people's life's.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Full speed...half lit
8,709 Posts
What happened to old fashioned exercise and dieting? I lost almost 25 pounds by not eating out anymore and doing cardio everyday. Youd be surprised how fast the weight drops with just a diet change. Eating out is a huge cause of obesity. I just cant imagine having something like inside my body. Good luck and I wish you well. Just my .02
Lost 10lbs in the last two weeks just by simply cutting my intake in half. 20 more and I'll be happy. :toast:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not trying to be a DICK just heard the same speech from everyone. I just figured if my insurance is gonna pay for it what the hell.
This is not a miracle cure..... You still have to diet or you will just stretch the stomach out and gain the weight back.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Not trying to be a DICK just heard the same speech from everyone. I just figured if my insurance is gonna pay for it what the hell.
This is not a miracle cure..... You still have to diet or you will just stretch the stomach out and gain the weight back.

Very true it is also possible to rip/tear the stitches/sleeve/ band
And if your food is still in larger chunks it is easy to choke my buddy was on a liquid diet for 3 months and his 3yo ate more than he could
He was miserable for weeks he just had his first beer December his surgery was about 2 years ago

·
Registered
905 Posts
2 years ago I lost 100lbs by dieting and exercise, and i gained it back plus some, I recently just got custody of my son and getting to the gym is very tough between working 80-90 hrs a week and taking care of him is a chore omits self. It's easy to judge when you don't know what's going on in people's life's.

I know I excersize but sitting behind the throttle of a locomotive for 12hours a day can pack on the pounds......but I'm back down to 200.... Still need more reduction..... L

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very true it is also possible to rip/tear the stitches/sleeve/ band
And if your food is still in larger chunks it is easy to choke my buddy was on a liquid diet for 3 months and his 3yo ate more than he could
He was miserable for weeks he just had his first beer December his surgery was about 2 years ago

I have to be on a liquid diet for 4 weeks, but the sleeve isn't as intensive as bypass surgery.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
And you don't need a gym..

Working for the railroad you can afford to eat healthy(outside lanes of store).

How tall are you? My dad weighs 325 and is 6'3" and wouldn't ever think of him having this done. I do know of a few that have done it.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts