Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2 years ago I lost 100lbs by dieting and exercise, and i gained it back plus some, I recently just got custody of my son and getting to the gym is very tough between working 80-90 hrs a week and taking care of him is a chore omits self. It's easy to judge when you don't know what's going on in people's life's.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not trying to be a DICK just heard the same speech from everyone. I just figured if my insurance is gonna pay for it what the hell.
This is not a miracle cure..... You still have to diet or you will just stretch the stomach out and gain the weight back.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very true it is also possible to rip/tear the stitches/sleeve/ band
And if your food is still in larger chunks it is easy to choke my buddy was on a liquid diet for 3 months and his 3yo ate more than he could
He was miserable for weeks he just had his first beer December his surgery was about 2 years ago

I have to be on a liquid diet for 4 weeks, but the sleeve isn't as intensive as bypass surgery.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I've thought about one of these types of surgeries, but considering I don't eat real unhealthy and I eat smaller than average portions (I physically cannot eat a dbl cheeseburger- a 1/4 pounder with fries usually doesn't get finished., it's hard for me to eat a half a normal large pizza, etc) I never thought it would work for me.

I have gotten on exercise kicks in the past- mainly cardio, with little results (5#) in a month. Got disparaged and stopped. So here recently I don't go out of my way to exercise but I don't sit around all day, I'm always active unless I'm working (a lot of seat time). I try and go for the healthier alternatives (if they can be found) when I have to eat on the road.

I've had my thyroid checked but apparently it's normal... I'm 5'11"/ 390# but people think I am around 300#.

I just dunno if one of those surgeries would help or not. I'll be interested to see how yours goes. Good luck!

I will post some pics of my progress I another thread.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts