Texas 4x4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

Registered
I've thought about one of these types of surgeries, but considering I don't eat real unhealthy and I eat smaller than average portions (I physically cannot eat a dbl cheeseburger- a 1/4 pounder with fries usually doesn't get finished., it's hard for me to eat a half a normal large pizza, etc) I never thought it would work for me.

I have gotten on exercise kicks in the past- mainly cardio, with little results (5#) in a month. Got disparaged and stopped. So here recently I don't go out of my way to exercise but I don't sit around all day, I'm always active unless I'm working (a lot of seat time). I try and go for the healthier alternatives (if they can be found) when I have to eat on the road.

I've had my thyroid checked but apparently it's normal... I'm 5'11"/ 390# but people think I am around 300#.

I just dunno if one of those surgeries would help or not. I'll be interested to see how yours goes. Good luck!

Registered
I've thought about one of these types of surgeries, but considering I don't eat real unhealthy and I eat smaller than average portions (I physically cannot eat a dbl cheeseburger- a 1/4 pounder with fries usually doesn't get finished., it's hard for me to eat a half a normal large pizza, etc) I never thought it would work for me.

I have gotten on exercise kicks in the past- mainly cardio, with little results (5#) in a month. Got disparaged and stopped. So here recently I don't go out of my way to exercise but I don't sit around all day, I'm always active unless I'm working (a lot of seat time). I try and go for the healthier alternatives (if they can be found) when I have to eat on the road.

I've had my thyroid checked but apparently it's normal... I'm 5'11"/ 390# but people think I am around 300#.

I just dunno if one of those surgeries would help or not. I'll be interested to see how yours goes. Good luck!
Should go talk to an RD first.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

I will post some pics of my progress I another thread.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Registered
Go for it.. my freinds say if you feel like somethings not right then contact your doc right away and stay up on your electrolites..they sell electrolites in drop form, better than any drink, you can put it in anything.....L

Registered
Good luck! I know 5 people that had it done and loved it. All of them have lost a ton of weight and are very very happy. All have had it 2 to 4 years and look totally different and about half the person they where before. All results I've seen seem positive. The first month sucks after surgery though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

21 - 40 of 48 Posts