Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mudgoddess and I have been looking for some land for over a year now. A few months back we found a spot we think we can be happy with, but we still keep looking just in case. It's a 100 acers, 5 miles north of Barnwell on Hwy 155. Anybody that has been to Barnwell knows what the country looks like up there. Nice rolling hills, tall trees, and small running creeks. Anyway the bank called today and said that they could lend us money. We still have to make a deal with the land owner, but we think he is asking a far price for it. It has two spring feed creeks on it that run all year for the most part. One runs along the back and is wide enough to make one hell of a 4x4 trail out of. There maybe three or four good rock faces that the creek runs buy. I haven't got to walk the other creek yet, but it doesn't look as wide. It also comes with a stocked pond with a fish feeder. Lots of pasture land for cows and horses. I think plans for now are to buy a used trailer house to put on it, and build a house are we pay to off in five years.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
If you like the land well enough then is asking price is just right. Besides land is never a bad investment. bigok

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
Congrats Mudman & Mudgoddess! Now it's time for Mud Kids. I am happy for you!
I was out there with Eddie a few weeks ago and I myself would love to live there.
As soon as you can take pics.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't need any pics. Mudgoddess will make you drive over and look at it like she did with Old Goat and Eric this past weekend. I see if I still have a topo map to post up somewhere.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
congrats toast

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Sweet.
Ya might want to consider looking for a big RV trailer (or small-ish 5th wheel trailer). Yes, it might be a bit cramped (but some of those things are really nice), but you'd have something you could keep on using after your barn/house is built. You could eventually buy a big goosneck, put the camper up front (5th wheel camper better so you can set the upstairs sleeper on top of the hitch and you get more camper on less deck) and haul the K5 behind.

Don't laugh. I know a dude from Houston that bought a brand spanking new gooseneck and brand spanking new 5th wheel camper and immediately placed the camper on the gooseneck and welded the camper frame to the GN frame (on stilts). It's a sweet rig.

Anyway, just something to consider as you are trailer shopping.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
great!!!

I am very happy for you two. I enjoy visiting with both of you and now we can visit over there and be by the pond and fish...

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It took long enough, but we closed yesterday. :) I can't do anything with it, had to spend all my money on the down payment. Maybe now my wife will let me work on my rig again.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We are out here caming out tonight. My wife is looking at stars and I'm reading the board. :)

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
mudgod said:
We are out here caming out tonight. My wife is looking at stars and I'm reading the board. :)
You need a camper you can leave out there for now. Get a slide-in and put it on blocks. Then, later, you can put it on the front of a gooseneck, haul your trail rig behind it, and you're all set!

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, you do have a nice up. I think your right. the big nice slide-ins should start becoming cheaper as people move to the campers and RV's.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think Mudgoddess has found a trailer she likes, so we should be moving out there soon. Those of you that know my wife can figure out what I have been through this last few months going to lots and asking question. It looks like she has her heart set on a double wide with a fireplace. I think this will be the best way to get the land paid off, so that we can build a house.
I can't wait to get some back yard wheeling pics!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.