Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am sitting in my office today, now do not get ready to hear as good a story as Nick's but, my Mom calls and she is feeling much stronger and wants to go to lunch so we do and she looks and feels great, told you she is one tough Momma!
Then, this is the part which has to do with 4X4's, I get back from lunch this box was here from Holley. A week ago I got an email from Holley Tech Ricky telling me they would "upgrade" my truck Avenger and this is what came back a brand new obviously re-engineered Truck Avenger!!!

Then if that was not the icing on the cake my friends Mudgod and Mudgoddess came by to tell me about the trip to Jamaica, boy did they look and sound refreshed and happy. Then they hit me with the greatest gift, a box of fine Cubans, man those cigars looked good and smelled great so we lit one up, well not Tab because she does not smoke lol What a day!!!

jamminzz jamminzz jamminzz

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
rockonn rockonn bigok rockonn rockonn

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
OldGoat said:
Then, this is the part which has to do with 4X4's, I get back from lunch this box was here from Holley. A week ago I got an email from Holley Tech Ricky telling me they would "upgrade" my truck Avenger and this is what came back a brand new obviously re-engineered Truck Avenger!!!
why?? did you send yours back?? was it not working right??

·
Registered
715 Posts
sweet

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Truck Avenger

Jeff it had a stumbling problem under load/ on take off and several things have been tried to fix it and it was doing Ok but, the thing is, even the techs at Holley said the carbs were not working well on engines with a smaller displacement than 350 ci so anyway i had shelved the thing and forgot about it. Was running my Edelbrock 1406 and was palnning on doing the propane anyway but when they said they would upgrade it i sent it in and now am very glad i did.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
cool toast

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Dave, I was looking through a recent FourWheeler mad last night and read an ad where they are making them in the 470cfm variety for samller V8s and/or V6s. Maybe that's what they sent OldGoat.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
carb

Sorrty to just now answer, been busy with work. They sent me another 670 but it is supposed to be a totally different design and yes it supposed to work with as small as a 300 ci engine, we will see. I have yet to crank the engine, maybe thursday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.