Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What city or town do you live in and what part of Texas do you call where you live?

North Texas
Panhandle
West Texas
South Texas
East Texas
Central Texas

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Longview - East Texas

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Damm Kling On You Have The Two Of My Fav. Restraunts
Hermmen & Sons
Mcbee Bbq
Sorry A Little Of Subject.
South Tx. By The Way. Sa & Devine

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
town

East Texas, Carthage.
County of Panola, which was a native Indian word for cotton. At one point in history Panola county was the natural gas king of the country. I think we are still in the top 5. An interesting side note, there is very little crude oil produced in Panola county, just natural gas. There is also an abundance of bituminous lignite coal here. Panola county is the hometown of Gentleman Jim Reeves, Linda Davis, Tex Ritter and a young fellow becoming popular is Brandon Ryder(Brandon Riddlehoover). Tanya Tucker maintained a place on Lake Murvaul for many years but I am unsure if she still has it. Panola county is also home to the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame and Tex Ritter Museum. We have a nice little town once voted the Best Small Town in Texas.
Unfortunately we have no offroad parks lol.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm from Corpus Christi, its northern mexico in reallity but tecnically its south texas, and the REAL south texas, not the fake south texas like san antonio. I currently reside in College Station, which I consider east texas because we have pine trees but others would debate its classification.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Abilene, TX north texas

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Dirty Bay...Baytown...Southeast Siiiiieeeedde

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
afroman006 said:
I'm from Corpus Christi, its northern mexico in reallity but tecnically its south texas, and the REAL south texas, not the fake south texas like san antonio. I currently reside in College Station, which I consider east texas because we have pine trees but others would debate its classification.

I thought Corpus was the Gulf coast ... not south Texas :evilbat:

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Waskom The right side of Texas. (East Texas)

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
League City. 10 S.E of H-town, Mexico and 20 miles west of Galveston.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Sachse, NE of Dallas, West of Wylie = North Central Texas :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
N. Texas Mansfield (DFW)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts