Texas 4x4 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have stock CJ springs plus 2.25" lift shackles on my SOA'd 74 CJ5. I picked up a d44 full width front and Ford 8.8" rear from Oldgoat today and I've started thinking. I'll be doing the ram assist front steering that Oldgoat recommended plus I'll be outboarding my hangers, so my question is, should I stick with the stock CJ springs or should I try and find some YJ leafs? I'm just not sure on what to do, but I want to do this right the first time. Thanks

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
YJ leafs up front, XJ leaves reversed in the rear with a cpl 1 ton leaves in them to stiffen the rears up

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats the best way to go about finding a set, junk yard it, or should I post up a wanted ad, I guess it doesn't really matter? How much should I look to spend?

·
Mas Tequila
18,252 Posts
XJ springs are a dime a dozen @ the junkyards... Wrangler springs are harder to find..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'm gonna go with a set of RE 1.5" SOA YJ leafs but should I go with the 5 or 6 leaf configuration?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.