Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been asked before so sorry in advanced but, where is everyone getting thier DOM tubing in the DFW area?

I need to make a few guards for my Rockwells to protect the steering and pinoin brake. Looking for something close to 1.75 OD with .120 wall.

Any help would be great. Thx,

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
norton metals in saginaw or emj (earl m jorgeson) in dallas. norton was cheaper last time I purchased.

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
EMJ is your best bet, Norton's don't have DOM anymore.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TX_ZUKI said:
EMJ is your best bet, Norton's don't have DOM anymore.
I'll give them a call,

Thx for the help

·
Registered
141 Posts
Honestly, the last time I had to buy DOM I bought from a guy on pirate. Carwash is his name. He shipped me a five foot section for WAY WAY less than any local places. If you are looking for a stick or less, check him out, he will give you a quote via pm.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have the same question but for the Beaumont area. I know there is a place in Houston but man I don't want to drive that far. Anyone have any ideas for tubing closer to me than that? Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Bump this, looking for to buy some 1" .120 wall DOM for my dash project on the crew cab. Is EMJ still the best place in the DFW area??

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Metal supermarket! You can buy it by the inch
Sorry its in dallas off of irving blvd

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I used JM Steel in fort worth for the majority of my metal for the buggy. He had the best prices around at the time.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I've bought all my DOM from metal supermarket off MLK in FTW, they have been the cheapest by a couple bucks. They also have an indoor scrap bin with a lot of stock.

But, for most eveything else I've gone to Discount Steel in FTW. They were $40 cheaper than anyone on the .040" AL panels I used on the camper.

beer

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
Thanks guys, I will give these places a call and see what they want for the 1" stuff.bigok

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
I'm putting in an order with Rocky at Madhouse Fab. If you want to order with us it would cut down on the price.
I'm on the opposite side of the state, otherwise I would.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We wont know the exact price till we call in with how much we need to get. I just need to figure out how I'm gonna get the tubing from his shop to the shop that im working on my heep at.

·
Registered
619 Posts
We wont know the exact price till we call in with how much we need to get. I just need to figure out how I'm gonna get the tubing from his shop to the shop that im working on my heep at.
I didn't realize you were on the other side of Midland.

I would ask him about delivering it, he brought mine right to my place in Abilene.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
EMJ wound up being the cheapest out of the 4 that I called to check prices on. Ordered it Friday and picked it up today while I was in the Dallas area.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts