Texas 4x4 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the weight diffrence is between a stock 1988 Zuki Samuri and a stock 1979-85 Toyota truck.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Toyota weight

Does any on know how what a Yota tips the scales at? I am thinking of puting a Toyota drive train in a Zuki (I know that they are lighter, but not by how much.) If it is not significantly lighter why go through all the swap over trouble; I would just build a Toyota.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
just build the yota and be done with it. I love my zuk but it is not worth the trouble of swapping everything over.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The "thing" about having a zuke is that it is all over lighter. Once you add all the weight of a yota drive train you only have zuke fenders on a yota. Now if you were going to keep most of the Zuke and just change just axles that is different. All the weight you add would be low in the rig and not a bad thing. JJ

·
Registered
726 Posts
with the yota axles and 33s right now and everything else zuki... christine is right at 2500lbs.

the 82 yota i had was well into the 3k mark. and it was stripped down.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gut it

Either way it will be an offroad only rig, so I am going to gut it out and lighten it up. So what do yall think; just go with the Toyota and lighten it up as much as possible. I get the feeling that if I put the drivetrain I want in the Zuki it will weigh as much as a Yota.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I prefer a Zuke BUT if you are not happy with any of the Zuke dt than you might as well just build up the Yota.I am going to build up a Zuke and only change out the axles.Everything else in the dt will be modified Zuke.rockonn

·
Registered
268 Posts
My Toy weighs around 3200lbs with some small 32s or 31s. That's mostly stock, std cab, short bed.

Some guy weighed his in at around 2700lbs without the bed...I'd rather have my Toy than a Zuk. More parts, easier to upgrade, more power in a 22RE or RET.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts